Here are some examples of how renovating a washroom can progress
I had a call from a customer concerned that his elderly father had trouble climbing into the bathtub to get access to the shower in order to wash each day.
Once I had taken a look we worked out an action plan that involved removing the bathtub all together and building a new walk in shower area.
The customer was very pleased with this idea and was more than happy to go ahead with the work.
Once I had removed the old tub I had to raise a new platform off the ground so that I could build a "shower tray" with sand and cement for the water to flow into the new waste system pipe.
I then water-proofed the whole area using a water-proof membrane applied using a brush.
Once the water-proofing had fully dried I carried out the tiling work using ceramic tiles.
The final part of the job was to fix a new glass shower screen and a new chrome hand rail near the steps leading into the shower.
The whole project was completed within one week The customer was extremely happy and explained how life was now so much easier for his father to go about his daily wash.
I was contacted by a carpenter who had recently bought a new home and was in the process of renovating the upstairs of the house.
His plan was to remove the old washroom, plus remove the entire chimney stack running through the middle of the house.
This would give him much more room upstairs for his new washroom,also making more space for his upstairs guest room at the back of the house.
Together we carried out all the demolition work, he then built new stud walls and dry-lined them.
We also cut out a section of the floor boards for the new shower tray so the finished shower floor would be flush with the new tiled floor giving an easily accessible walk in shower which looked great.
He also built a new vanity unit for the new toilet and sink basin,which I also tiled.
I then water-proofed the shower area and carried out all the tiling work using some beautiful looking travertine tiles.
I then sealed all the tiled area using a colour impregnating sealer.
The last part of the job was to then fit a new glass shower screen,the customer also bought an old cast iron bathtub which he then had re-enamelled and painted.This gave the washroom a great finish.